Tell us the occasion and we'll help you find the right meal:
An Occasion to Remember
- Ginger Infused Marlborough Salmon
- Ruby Roasted Pears
- Lemon Herb Fritters with Goats Cheese
- Day Boat Snapper with Vanilla Fennel and Clam Espuma
Lunch with Friends
- Chermoula Marinated Chicken
- Summer Shrimp Salad
- Mushrooms & Beans with Sour Cream Lime Dressing
- Asparagus, Spinach & Lemon Risotto
- Roast Scampi Tails, Cured Ham, Kumera Gnocchi, Parsnip Puree and Butter Sauce
- Lamb Tagine
- Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Spring Onion Mash
- Pad Thai
- Cote De Boeuf A La Grandmere
Find the perfect meal and the perfect wine for any occasion.
Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Spring Onion Mash
Quick and easy are the words that come to mind for this dish. It is simply superb on a late summer’s evening when the chill has just started to settle in. There is something quite nurturing to the soul about mashed potatoes so be sure to serve a generous helping and add your favorite steamed vegetables to make this a healthy, all round meal.
2 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken breasts, skin removed
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 ½ tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp tomato puree
Freshly ground pepper
750g potatoes, peeled & chopped
2 tbsp natural, unsweetened yoghurt
6 spring onions, diced
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then brown the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Add the balsamic vinegar, sugar and tomato puree to the pan, then bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally.
Put the chicken breasts back in the pan and then simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until tender, then mash with butter, yoghurt and spring onion.
Slice the chicken and serve on bed of mash, drizzled with remainder of the balsamic sauce